To say I’ve been waylaid by life as the sole means for my lack of posts would be cheesy and cliche. That’s why I’m switching around the wording.
Of late, I have been rather busy with the holidays and such, so I must apologize for my lack of posting.
Doesn’t that sound posh.
Okay, but really…I have been busy. As long as you count sleeping in and reading books busy. (Which I do.) But I figured since it’s the New Year and all – I should do the obligatory New Year’s Resolutions post where I try to shame myself into being better at things.
- I resolve to write more frequently on my blog[s].
- I resolve to exercise more.
- I resolve to make better eating choices.
- I resolve to read a gazillon books.
- I resolve get an internship in NYC this summer.
- I resolve to write a novel.
- I resolve to buy less shoes…even if they are on super sale.
- I resolve to travel and take photographs.
- I resolve to be more disciplined in my writing.
- I resolve to actually check back on my New Year’s Resolutions sooner than January 2014.
That last one may be a bit of a stretch. It’s embarrassing to say, but sometimes I forget entirely about my resolutions as soon as I’ve posted them some place. It’s like my brain says, “Whew, glad you got that out of your system, let’s go back to that sleeping in business.”
And then for summary: I had a great winter break, thank you for asking. I saw friends + family and it was a nice bit of relaxation. I saw THE HOBBIT and rather enjoyed it. I bought myself a Nikon D3100 and am so far in love it’s not even the least bit funny. I successfully completed NaNoWriMo in November and now have a very lackluster novel to revitalize (it just needs some tender love and care…then it’ll be a decent novel.) and I’ve also taken quite a bit of photography with that new camera. Now I’m ready to get back into the swing of things as school starts next week.